Dental implants offer one of the most effective and long lasting ways to replace one or more missing teeth, providing a fixed alternative to removable dentures.
Implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed in the jawbone to act just like tooth roots. As titanium is a durable metal that is very well tolerated by the body, these cylindrical posts eventually fuse with the bone, providing a firm foundation for a crown or bridge.
- Unlike ill-fitting dentures, which can have a tendency to move around uncomfortably in your mouth, implants stay firmly in place.
- Implants help protect the jawbone by keeping it stimulated and they prevent existing teeth from moving around.
- They eliminate the speaking and chewing problems that may be caused by missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures.
- They can provide a significant boost to your confidence by restoring your smile.
- We carry out a full assessment of your general health, how your teeth fit together, your oral health and the density of your jaw bone. If we discover you have insufficient bone volume, you may need a grafting procedure to allow for the successful placement of implants.
- The titanium posts are placed in the bone under a local anaesthetic using a relatively simple surgical procedure.
- Titanium is very well tolerated by the body, so over a few months the implants will bond with the bone – a process known as osseo-integration.
- Once settled in and fully healed, we can fit replacement teeth to the now firmly positioned implants.
You need to maintain good oral hygiene following treatment to ensure your implants remain trouble-free. If well looked after, with a regular brushing and flossing routine, they can last for over 15 years. You should also attend regular check-ups so your dentist can make sure your implants stay in great condition.
All-on-4 – the efficient treatment concept with immediate loading
The All-on-4 treatment concept was developed to provide edentulous (lacking teeth) patients with an efficient and effective restoration using only four implants to support an immediately loaded full-arch prosthesis.
Good clinical results
Bio-mechanical measurements show that tilted implants, when part of prosthetic support, do not have a negative effect on the load distribution. The tilting of implants has been used in clinical practice for over a decade and has shown good results.
Planning with NobelGuide treatment concept
All-on-4 treatments can be planned and performed using the NobelGuide treatment concept, ensuring accurate diagnostics, planning and implant placement. The NobelGuide Software allows for detailed diagnostics such as identification of available bone, virtual implant placement according to the anatomical situation and prosthetic needs, and ordering of an individualized surgical template. NobelGuide supports minimally invasive flapless techniques as well as surgical access through mini-flaps and full flaps, while the surgical template ensures guided and therefore exact implant placement
With an All-on-4 treatment, patients benefit from an immediate implant-supported restoration, as a provisional prosthesis is screwed onto the implants right after surgery. Final solutions for All-on-4 treatments include both fixed prostheses, such as NobelProcera Implant Bridge Titanium with acrylic veneering, or individual NobelProcera crowns cemented to the bridge framework, and removable solutions, such as acrylic over-dentures on a NobelProcera Implant Bar Over-denture.